If you have been struggling to the best benchtop metal lathe metal then you may rest easy. We have a carefully compiled list of what we consider to be the best 10 benchtop metal lathes you can buy in There is a wide range of styles available so no matter what kind of project you are working on chances are there is something here that would be the perfect fit for you.
10. NOVA 46300 Comet II Variable Speed Mini Lathe 12-Inch x 16 1/2-Inch
The best thing about this lathe is the variable speed motor. It has a fairly wide range of operating speeds. This will let you fine r work environment n the fly with ease. The motor is powerful enough for most beginner and intermediate style projects.
- Speed Range From 250-4000 RPM
- 1\4 HP Electronic Variable Speed Motor
- 3 Step Pulley System
- Uses 230 Volts Electricity
- One Year Limited Manufacturers Warranty
9. Baileigh MLD-1030 Mill Drill Lathe, 120V, 8-56 TPI Thread, 50-2000 RPM Variable Speed
This is a great piece of equipment. It is not just a lathe. It is a lathe, mill and drill all at the same time. If you are looking for something that will save some space because of space limitations at your worksite of choice this could be a great find for you. It will combine the functionality of all these different pieces of equipment into one easy to use package.
- Uses 120 Volts Power
- All-in-one Mill, drill and lathe
- Adjustable rpm from 50-2000 and includes a digital read out
- 2-inches spindle stroke
- 29-1/2-inches distance between centers
8. Mophorn 8 x 12 inch Variable Speed Benchtop Mini Wood Lathe
This lathe is made with high quality cast iron. The tool rests give you plenty of space to work with. You can also easily adjust the speed so you can fine-tune your project with confidence. It can be tough to decide which kind of lathe is the best fit for you. It should not have to be. With a product like this one you can rest easy knowing that even if it is not the absolute best on the market you have received something that is definitely of high quality and has been enjoyed by many professionals around the world for years.
- Cast iron constructed
- 150mm & 300mm tool rests
- Adjust speed freely within 500-3200 RPM
- 1/3 Horse Power motor
- Turning speed 4500RPM, Voltage: 230V
7. Shop Fox M1018 Combo Lathe/Mill
This unit has fourteen speed settings giving you a high degree of control. It functions as both a lathe and a mill. It’s perfect for projects that need a three quarters inch spindle bore. Life is certainly too short to let it pass you by without getting a chance to try out a new project on a high quality wave like this one. It can change your entire perception of your favorite hobby almost overnight.
- 14 Spindle speeds
- 3/4-inch spindle bore
- Drilling capacity: steel – 7/8-inch
- Manual Cross Slide Hand-wheel
- A turret tool post is included with the Model M1018
6. Mini Lathe 12000Rpm 60W, Mini Powerful Motorized Metal Working Lathe
The sixty watt motor built into this machine provides all the power you could need. The motor has a mind numbingly fast top speed of 12000 RPM. It’s the perfect solution for projects involving non ferrous precious metals.
- Maximum motor power is 60W
- Motor Speed: 12000rpm
- Voltage/Current/Power: 12V DC/5A/60W
- Diameter can be expanded to 50mm
- Can process soft, non – ferrous, precious metals
5. WEN 3424T 4.5-Amp 12-Inch by 18-Inch 5-Speed Benchtop Wood Lathe
This one has a fairly wide range of speed thanks to the motor which is rated at four and a half amps worth of power. The MT2 spindle gives you all the features you need in a good high quality lathe. There is plenty of space to work with the full 18 inch workplace length available to you.
- Speed Range of 520 to 3,400 RPM
- Motor Size is 4.5 Amps
- Spindle Size is MT2
- Maximum Workpiece Length of 18 Inches
- Tool Rest Length of 7-7/8 Inches
4. PSI Woodworking PENPAL Portable 15-Pound Mini Penmaking Lathe
He variable speed motor is capable of going over four thousand revolutions per minute. This is the kind of speed that high quality projects thrive on. The anodized aluminum used to make this is quite durable and should last a long time.
- 1/5hp 110V variable speed motor (0-4300 rpm)
- Anodized aluminum base with mounting holes and flange
- Includes a pen mandrel shaft with collet closer nut
- Headstock contains a collet type mandrel
- Made of extruded anodized aluminum
3. FOONEE DIY Portable Woodworking Mini Lathe Drill
The 150 watt motor makes this one of the most powerful machine nes on the list. If you need something with a little extra kick to help you get thrown hh a project then look no further.
- Maximum rotating speed up to 7000RPM
- Rated power: 150W
- Main material: Aluminum alloy
- Includes Cut Resistant Gloves
- Power: 7 level of adjustable speed
2. WEN 3420T 2-Amp 8 in. x 12 in. Variable Speed Benchtop Mini Wood Lathe
This is great for smaller sized projects, although it can only fit pieces that are 12 by 8 inches the soft-start variable power motor still performs admirably under pressure.
- Soft start variable speed motor adjusts anywhere from 750 to 3200 RPM
- Includes a 5-inch faceplate
- Fits workpieces up to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide
- Features a 2-amp motor
- MT1 spindle
1. SHOP FOX W1704 1/3-Horsepower Benchtop Lathe
It may not have the widest range of speeds but in the range, it does work in this one is the best in class. You will definitely not regret looking at this lathe thanks to its high-quality single phase motor.
- 700 – 3,200 RPM spindle speed
- 1/3 HP, 2 Amp, 110V, Single-phase, 60 Hz Motor
- Cast-iron construction
- Variable speed motor
- 12-inch distance between centers