Cutting boards are an important part of our kitchen collection. They get lots of use and they can make or break a dinner session with functionality. Warped and splintering boards need to be replaced with better boards. Chefs already know that the best woods for cutting board include walnut, bamboo, and acacia. Customers want cutting boards that are durable, and the best boards will outlast the majority of your other kitchen equipment. With knowledge about the best woods for cutting board customers can narrow down their choices, and pick a board that will last them a long time as long as they take proper care. Good boards come unseasoned so that customers can decide what types of ingredients touch their food. The unseasoned board also gives customers the opportunity to watch their board darken to a beautiful shade. If you’re curious about which cutting board to buy, read on to see the top wooden cutting boards.
8. Large Reversible Cutting Board
This long grain constructed board is very durable and resistant to moisture. It is made from teak wood, which naturally resists water, bacteria, and staining. It also doesn’t take on noticeable scars like other woods. The board is finished with non-toxic and 100% food safe mineral oil. The cutting board is 1.25inches thick
- Reversible design
- Deep juice grooves on a single side can hold up to 3oz of liquid
- Built-in handles for easy transport
- Strong wooden board can withstand heavy use and sharp knives
- Outlasts your other kitchen products with proper care, periodic oiling, and cleaning.
7. Large Teak Wood Cutting Board With Compartments
This beautiful end grain crafted cutting board has multipurpose use. It is quite durable and can withstand the cut of the sharpest knives without damaging the knife edge. This teak wood material naturally resists bacteria, staining, and water. It makes a great gift for any holiday or occasion.
- Made from end grain self-healing wood
- Three built-in compartments for chopping and prepping
- Removable rubber feet for stability during use
- Inner handles for simple transport
- Long lasting with periodic oiling, proper care, and cleaning
6. Walnut Wood Chopping and Carving Board
This cutting board comes in various dimensions including 4×20, 8×17, 10×16, all with handles, and 20×15, 8×12, 18×24, all rectangular. Lastly, it offers 10.5 and 13.5 round. As the board gets used over time it will become a darker brown. Purchase one for friends and family for any occasion or holiday!
- Juice groove around the edge to catch liquids.
- Porous walnut wood makes it a cutting piece that is safe to knives
- Board comes unseasoned so buyers can use any finishing wax or seasoning oil of their choice.
- Sturdy, reversible, and a thick board will not warp, splinter, or crack.
5. Extra Large Reversible Wooden Cutting Board
This premium wood cutting board is made from tropical hardwood and has gold and walnut highlights. The options for dimensions are 24x18x1.5 inches, 20x15x1.5 inches, 30x18x1.5 inches.
- Durable and long lasting
- Solid construction, board has a thickness of 1.5 inches
- Sturdy board doesn’t slide around on counter top
- Handles are built-in on both ends for a steady grip
4. Extra Large Walnut Wood Carving and Chopping Block
The dimensions for this cutting board are 4×20,8×17, and 10×16 with a handle, 18×24, 8×12, 17×11, and 20×15 rectangular, and lastly there’s 10.5 and 13.5 round. This board comes in a lovely dark brown and makes a great gift for holidays and special occasions.
- Customizable board comes unseasoned so purchaser has a choice of finishing wax or seasoning oil
- Walmart wood won’t dull your knives
- Juice groove around one of the edges to catch liquid
- Sturdy and thick reversible board won’t warp
3. Huge Reversible Multipurpose Thick Cutting Board
This large cutting board’s dimensions are 16x12x1.5inches. It is made from solid acacia wood, which is an eco-friendly and sustainable wood that will give your cutting board its own grain and color. This board makes an impressive gift to friends and family for any occasion.
- Reversible multipurpose board can be used to chop food on one side and serve on the other
- Channel to hold bread, sliced baguettes, and crackers
- Deep grooves for runaway liquids
- Cutting board has a thickness of 1.5inches
- Inner handles for easy transporting and serving
2. Big Walnut Wood Cutting Board
This cutting board’s dimension options are 4×20, 8×17, and 10×16 all with a handle, there’s also 17×11, 8×12, 18×24, and 20×15 rectangular. Lastly, there’s 10.5, and 13.5 round. The board gets a rich chocolate shade when seasoned. It’s a beauty to give someone as a present.
- One edge has a juice groove to catch any messy liquids.
- Walnut wood won’t make your knives dull
- Cutting board comes unseasoned so purchasers can get their own choice of seasoning that results in the lovely dark shade.
- Walnut wood is durable and will last a long time without warping.
1. Very Large Organic Bamboo Chopping Board
This board is made with 100% bamboo. It takes in less liquid so there is less concern about cross-contamination. The dimensions of this board are 18 x 12inches.
- Antibacterial and anticirobial wood
- Multifunction use
- Large side handles for cutting or serving
- Built-in drip groove